The Caribbean Industrial Research Institute (CARIRI) has launched a new project which aims to encourage the innovative spirit of the national community. This 3-year project is backed by the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and will target the various communities, individuals and companies across Trinidad and Tobago. Aptly called ‘Bridging the Gap to Commercial Application of Innovation’, this project aims to move your idea to reality.
The objectives of the project are:
- To support individuals and firms in the development and monetisation / commercialization of business innovations;
- To support local enterprises to apply innovation for increased competitiveness and sustainability.
The project will be executed under CARIRI’s Idea Advisory Service (IAS) which has been operational over the last 2 ½ years and has screened over 300+ ideas thus far. Screening is completely free and so is the advice given. The IAS provides an opportunity to bring your ideas to life and CARIRI’s team has been internationally trained and possess varying backgrounds and capabilities to execute this service locally.
Benefits of the IAS:
- Idea Generation and sensitization sessions to spur creative thinking and quality ideas;
- Confidential, independent and objective assessment of ideas submitted;
- Access to CARIRI resources, networks and strategic partners;
- IAS Team members provide guidance to applicants from conceptualization to commercialization;
- Free access to CARIRI’s Intellectual Property Clinic with convenient location and parking at our Centre for Enterprise Development, Freeport;
- Upon completion of the core IAS programme, applicants receive a Certificate of Participation/Completion;
- Be part of an elite network of idea generators with opportunity to collaborate with peers
Who is eligible?
- All citizens of Trinidad and Tobago with the passion, commitment and determination to taking their ideas forward to market;
- Students and graduates;
- Working professionals;
- Transitioning professionals who are interested in leveraging their professional experience to develop and commercialize an innovation in their respective fields;
- Microenterprises and Small and Medium Enterprises.
For more information on this project and to find out how you can benefit from this free service, please visit our website at www.cedcariri.com/ias or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 299-0209 ext 2110