The Caribbean Industrial Research Institute (CARIRI) and the Intellectual Property Office have teamed up to host ‘The Intellectual Property Clinic’. The first of its kind in Trinidad and Tobago, The Intellectual Property Clinic will seek to bridge the gaps in knowledge, provide a competent base to gather information and allow you to understand your rights.
What it is
This Intellectual Property Clinic will take the form of individual consultations. Once a month, you have the opportunity to meet with an IP Officer for a 30-minute period. The IP Officer will be able to assist you within this time period with any questions you may have about your intellectual property (ideas/products/inventions/innovations) and how you can go about securing it. The sessions are completely confidential and are free of charge. All you need to do is to make an appointment.
What you will receive
- Information on the protection of IP using IPR: Patents, Utility Models, Trademarks, Industrial Designs, Integrated Circuits, Trade Secrets, etc.
Preliminary search services to:
- Determine freedom to use
- Gauge novelty
- Source business ideas
- Find experts and potential business partners
- Determine technology trends
- Education, information and training in IP
- Assistance in the commercialisation of IP
- Support with IP Issues in the Business Plan
- Aid with IP issues regarding the IP Health of an existing business
- The Strategic management of an IP portfolio
How it works
- Our receptionist will then give you a date and time of your appointment* with the IP Officer.
- You show up armed with your questions for the IP Officer
It’s that simple…Pertinent Information for Issues Relevant to you
*Appointments last 30 minutes.